Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Illegal Immigrant's In US

  1. #41
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Illegal Immigrant's In US

    I think that one of the things we need to go back to is something that somebody said in an earlier post. It had to do with wants and needs. The standard of living in a lot of third world countries is low because they work solely to sustain life. They make enough money to (ideally) to feed and cloth their families and have some sort of roof over their heads. Americans definitely have more wants and that's why I think we desire higher paying jobs. Illegal immigrants may be able to support a family in their country because they are worried about the bare necessities and not all the nice stuff that we take for granted and spend money on. That's a cultural difference. And, unfortunately, there is a very small percentage of our population that has the majority of the wealth. That leaves the rest of us scrambling when it comes time to pay the bills, find good jobs, etc. I share the same frustrations as most when I see that the US spends millions on aid to other countries and we don't take care of our own. I think that's part of the downside to being a superpower. We have to tend to outside interests because some [censored] ant country could really put us on our ear if we don't intervene. When all is said and done, I believe that this issue will go quietly away.

  2. #42
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Illegal Immigrant's In US

    I never said they weren't established, I'm saying the name AMERICA wasn't. This was just a chunk of land, before it officialy picked up the United States of America name.
    Yeah, many natives were slaughtered.
    I'm saying, Indians should be called Native Americans. Back when this country was being settled, they could've been called indians, natives, whatever...the originals...
    not their children, or childrens children....

    I hate today when people are called, African-Americans, Native Americans, etc..etc.... either you're american, or your not... that simple..

  3. #43
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Illegal Immigrant's In US

    [ QUOTE ]
    I hate today when people are called, African-Americans, Native Americans, etc..etc.... either you're american, or your not... that simple..

    [/ QUOTE ] I second that.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  4. #44
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Illegal Immigrant's In US

    r2048252209
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #45
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Illegal Immigrant's In US

    Haha. That is pretty good bro.
    And i like the respect shown to Toby. That is alright. The signature thing. Thanks bro.

    One thing about all the Illegals. And i mean all. Not just Mexico. But after 9/ll. Wouldn't you want to know who is in your country?

  6. #46
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Illegal Immigrant's In US

    NO! NOT THE BURRITOS! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  7. #47
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Illegal Immigrant's In US

    I can do without a burrito.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •